- For our refrigerated drinks all our packaging is either widely-recycled BPA free metal cans, recyclable glass bottles or recyclable cartons made from FSC certified Tetra Pak.
- All our hot drinks cups are unlined (with plastic) and are 100% biodegradable and compostable. The paper used to make the cups is FSC certified. Our unlined paper products are all certified to EN13432 which means it will break down in 60-90 days in an industrial compost facility.
- Our hot cup lids are made from PLA (Polylactic Acid) which is a renewable bioplastic fully certified to EN13632 as a compostable product.
Our mantra is to reduce maintain as small a carbon footprint as possible and to offset carbon emissions where we can not. Take a look at the plan for the new cafe building which we intend to be very energy-efficient.
To minimise our operational carbon footprint we:
- use local suppliers wherever possible – for instance our coffee is roasted by 80 Stone Coffee Roasters who are based in Croydon.
- use an e-cargo bike rather than fossil-fuel powered vehicles for local tasks
- are trialling composting our waste on site to minimise emissions associated with waste collection and processing whilst also producing a useful biproduct for the community gardens
- encourage active transport amongst our employees by offering permanent employees the opportunity to make substantial savings when purchasing a bike/e-bike and associated equipment through the Green Commute Initiative ‘cycle 2 work’ scheme.